Hello reader,
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am a new member to Element14. I joined because I do not have a background in engineering, programming, or software design and I would like to build something that requires expertise in those fields. I hope the community is able to assist me in understanding how to best utilize this site and its resources. I'll give a short description of the idea below and several questions to start. Thank you for your help!
The Idea: A "low tech" augmented reality headset utilizing an FPV headset common with drones.
+ I need to attach a camera and any necessary peripherals for video processing to the headset. What would be the best method to do this.
+ I would also like to (if possible) connect the headset to a PC via bluetooth or an analog broadcast for processing the augmented reality overlay. What hardware would I need?
+ If I am correct, for the AR overlay to work ill need to triangulate the position of the headset as well. So would a local GPS work or would a gyrometer and accelerometer be needed?
