Hello All, I am trying to source 121.5 Mhz SMD oscillators but not having any luck so far. Looked on all the major supplier sites but they are either 120Mhz or then 122Mhz. Can someone please help?
Thanks!
Ali
Hello All, I am trying to source 121.5 Mhz SMD oscillators but not having any luck so far. Looked on all the major supplier sites but they are either 120Mhz or then 122Mhz. Can someone please help?
Thanks!
Ali
Hi Ali,
I think shabaz got a point. That may be like a date code. I googled SMD oscillators images and seems most of them print the rated frequency with a high precision (many zeroes, indicating KHz, MHz, and so on), so I wouldn't count on this one being 121.5 Mhz as there is no decimal point or MHz in the marks anywhere. I'd say the number at the top may give you a better indication but can't read it properly.
Luis
Hi Ali,
Are you sure about that? It looks like a date code.
Just need 10 Luis and so that minimum quantity is a pain. Additionally, these are not stocked and lead time is 8-10 weeks.
How many do you need ?
I once purchased about 50 surplus crystals, for an experiment, turned out they were nearly all 121.5MHz : (
I disposed of them instead of sticking them on ebay, to prevent them being resold.
What are you using 121.5MHz for?
That is "Guard Band" for aviation. Emergency Locator Transmitters will use
that frequency in the case of a crash (along with 406MHz).