So let me preface this by saying I'm very new to this site and very new to hardware modding, but am strongly interested in the topic.
I've had this idea for a PS Vita (or PS TV) mod that I've really wanted to share and develop with anyone interested.
The idea is essentially to take a Vita (or PS TV) and create a new housing that would give it a more portable form similar to the PSP Go, along with some new functionality. I'm in love with the slide up screen, the TV docking, and better portability of the Go. I also love the Vita.
Depending on which motherboard (Vita or TV) we're talking about, my approach changes quite a bit. If anyone out there is interested, and maybe has some experience in modding, I'd love to talk more about this and maybe get some ideas going. I would love to attempt something like this in the future.