
Stay safe friends!
California (P65 warnings) is one of the largest list of materials that have been known to cause cancer. The manufacturer of these diodes list two items that are on the P65Warning list, namely Nickel and Carbon Black. Nickel is a part of the alloy used in the leads of the device (Nickel/Iron/Copper) and Carbon Black is used in the molded body of the device. The carbon black is a real reach, as the warning lists the hazard as 'airborne, unbounded particles of respirable size'.
Electronics is a messy and hazardous career choice as there are a lot nasty chemicals in use. Always be safe.
California (P65 warnings) is one of the largest list of materials that have been known to cause cancer. The manufacturer of these diodes list two items that are on the P65Warning list, namely Nickel and Carbon Black. Nickel is a part of the alloy used in the leads of the device (Nickel/Iron/Copper) and Carbon Black is used in the molded body of the device. The carbon black is a real reach, as the warning lists the hazard as 'airborne, unbounded particles of respirable size'.
Electronics is a messy and hazardous career choice as there are a lot nasty chemicals in use. Always be safe.
This is new information to me, I wasn't aware of the hazards of nickel. In Canada our 5 cent coin is nickel plated and in the US 5 cent coin I believe there is significant nickel as well.
This is great information, thanks for explaining some of the reasoning for the p65 warning, make sense.
Though I really should give up my lead-based solder, I think that is a serious health risk.
All of the buildings (our company and our contractors) that I worked at in California had P65 warnings at the entrances.
If I had rented my house, I would have needed a sign.
Electronics is a hazardous career choice if you need to interact with the hardware anywhere in the manufacturing process.