element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products
    Products
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Moved to Europe, need help in being active in the community again
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 15 replies
  • Subscribers 625 subscribers
  • Views 1913 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Moved to Europe, need help in being active in the community again

rsjawale24
rsjawale24 over 3 years ago

HI!

It's been a long time since I was last active in the community.  I was busy moving to a beautiful country in Europe for my new job.

I started working as an Antenna Engineer (which is also my masters specialization) at Ericsson in Tallinn, Estonia.

Now that I'm finally in Estonia, I'm still trying to figure our how to participate in e14 design challenges and be more active in the community. Unfortunately, I left all my tools and instruments back at my home in India

as it was not feasible to move them here. I'm looking to buy some basic tools and instruments here like multimeter, screwdriver kit, power supply, breadboard, etc here.

If I start to participate in challenges here, and the kit is shipped to me, I'm not sure about the customs and taxation rules in Estonia or EU/ Schengen region. Do I have to pay the customs taxes? Is there any declaration to be filed for international shipments? Back in India we had to provide our ID documents and address proof to UPS for customs clearance.

It would be great if any members here from the EU or Estonia could help me with the customs rules here Slight smile

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 2 years ago in reply to DAB

    Sure!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • DAB
    DAB over 2 years ago

    From shows I have seen, Estonia is a very beautiful country.

    Feel free to post some pictures so we can see parts of the country.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 2 years ago in reply to robogary

    You'll find boiled/mashed potatoes and meat only lol. Haven't tried any Estonian food/dish yet.
    Food is just so expensive here! I just cook food at home, maybe I'll try someday

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • robogary
    robogary over 3 years ago

    How do you like the food in Estonia ? 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Jan Cumps
    Jan Cumps over 3 years ago in reply to rsjawale24

    If you travel to Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Netherlands or  Germany, shout.

    (if you don't, shout too. I'll try to convince you)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 3 years ago in reply to javagoza

    Thanks! Yeah, it's a small country and many people even in the EU haven't been here. It's getting cold now and the winters are pretty harsh here but the locals seem to be unaffected by it, it's still summer for some Laughing
    I'll check the customs rules here. Thanks!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 3 years ago in reply to cstanton

    Hey!

    Still so far it's going good!
    I guess for me it will be easier to receive the shipments now Slight smile

    Thanks !

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 3 years ago in reply to dang74

    Thanks! Smiley

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 3 years ago in reply to misaz

    Yes, I'll update it soon! Thanks!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rsjawale24
    rsjawale24 over 3 years ago in reply to misaz

    Thanks! I thought the entire EU has same regulations. I'll check the rules here. They have UPS here in Estonia so I guess it should be easy to get shipments cleared from customs.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube