Recently my brother asked me repair his Anbernic RG557 handheld gaming. I try charging it but there is no any indicator.


I am planning to change the battery as the first step.
Recently my brother asked me repair his Anbernic RG557 handheld gaming. I try charging it but there is no any indicator.


I am planning to change the battery as the first step.
Thanks for sharing the experience shabaz . It is helpful. I think i would try to change the battery first and see how it goes.
Thanks again.
I had a Nintendo Switch Lite to repair, belonging to a friend's little boy. I've fixed it a few times in the past. Although generally remarkably well-built for a consumer product, the main weakness of the Switch Lite is that the screen is heavy, and when dropped, it can cause a small flat flex connector to slide out, as the screen adhesive detatches and the display dangles.
However, this time, the battery would not charge (it had been left uncharged for many months and had dropped to near-zero volts), so I had to get a replacement (I know I could have tried to charge the battery but I wasn't going to do that for a child, in case it damaged the battery, I'd rather replace with new). It's not worth the potential future fire risk to try to restore a battery if it's dead.
I replaced it, but still the screen was black. However, now the unit recognized touch (and I could hear sound effects etc). The Switch Lite had just been accidentally dropped so many times, either it was a board fault or broken display, but it was not worth the repair, since a used Switch Lite would have cost not much more than the cost of a replacement screen, so I aborted there.