Anyone else seen all the hacks to make an ESP32 into a 80MSpS SDR? How long do you think it will take to make it be fully functional and tune all sorts of bands?
Anyone else seen all the hacks to make an ESP32 into a 80MSpS SDR? How long do you think it will take to make it be fully functional and tune all sorts of bands?
From my (somewhat) limited knowledge of this kind of things, I'm convinced it will never be able to tune to anything outside of the 2.4 or 5GHz bands the radio is intended for.
Those projects all work with the debug instructions left in the firmware that provide raw I/Q samples, they don't have any impact on the analog chain that is precisely tuned to those two bands.
Getting to work outside those bands is likely impossible because the debug commands do not have anything even close to changing the tuning frequency like a SDR has.
From my (somewhat) limited knowledge of this kind of things, I'm convinced it will never be able to tune to anything outside of the 2.4 or 5GHz bands the radio is intended for.
Those projects all work with the debug instructions left in the firmware that provide raw I/Q samples, they don't have any impact on the analog chain that is precisely tuned to those two bands.
Getting to work outside those bands is likely impossible because the debug commands do not have anything even close to changing the tuning frequency like a SDR has.