Hi Ben, I have a project for you.
When I was a kid I loves the Teenage Mutant Hero( yeah we had to call them Hero here in the UK) Turtles.
The one thing I wished I could have was a real working Turtle Comm the Turtles used.
Now 25 years later my Oldest and Youngest sons love TMNT even leading to me now building a dedicated arcade for my Oldest Son Jacob who has Cerebral Palsy.
After finding out he struggled to play using hand held controls we whipped up a basic box with controls using a Pi3 and some sanwa buttons.
Although we're currently upgrading to an upright cabinet soon.
I have a spare Pi3 to incorporate into the build but alas it's out of my technical capabilities.
It'd be great to have it open like the original and be to scale considering the Turtles themselves had huge hands (2 fingers and a thumb).
All the best, love watching your builds as you've inspired me to research electronics for builds of my own.
Dave Surridge and Family