Hi all
I am looking to buy/build a low power consumption relay that operates on 24V AC as its signaling supply to drive another relay, this one, consuming a lot of power.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Guy
Hi all
I am looking to buy/build a low power consumption relay that operates on 24V AC as its signaling supply to drive another relay, this one, consuming a lot of power.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Guy
How low ?
One way would be to use a low power DC relay (reed relay perhaps) and a rectifier and capacitor. Make sure you deal with flyback from the second relay coil or the contacts on the first will only last a very short time.
MK
How low ?
One way would be to use a low power DC relay (reed relay perhaps) and a rectifier and capacitor. Make sure you deal with flyback from the second relay coil or the contacts on the first will only last a very short time.
MK
I don't want to use relays as the powerdraw is probbly high,
Let me explain a little more my issue,
I built a house a while back and forgot to lay one set of wires for thermostat feed thinking that the thermostat I had its own battery power . After I closed all my walls and finished the house I looked at the thermostats that I had purchased and low and behold they required power.
I had close by each thermostat 2 wires that were not doing anything but they are of small caliber (2 strands of a cat5 cable). So the 2 strands are suffiicient to feed in one instance 2 thermostats but not much more.
So each of the thermostats requires the following
2 wires for 24V AC for power
2 wires for output.
I my basement,where the wires all go, I have plenty of low voltage to supply any kind of device that would detect or not detect voltage outputed by the thermostat. I know thati will need to "drain" builtup power by puling the output of the thermostat to the ground via a resistance butI do not wan tto draw any more power fron the wire that is required.
Hoping that this is a little clearer
Thank you
Guy