My Son, Mike, found this link and sent it to me. If you are somewhere between 60 and 90 you may even remember seeing it or making some of these projects.
John
My Son, Mike, found this link and sent it to me. If you are somewhere between 60 and 90 you may even remember seeing it or making some of these projects.
John
Hi Shabaz,
At the time, I was a young teenager and didn't appreciate the truly monumental changes that were taking place. My level of electronic knowledge wasn't the best. I knew just enough to be able to fix simple audio electronic devices. I had a friend and together we would build simple projects and circuits. When I see this book now the old feelings, and excitement come back as well as the smell of fresh electronic components and melting solder. We have an old electronic supply store in a nearby community that is run by a fellow in his 70's. I go there once in a while to buy something. Everything is quite cheap as he hasn't kept up with the price increases but the downside is that many of the components leads are oxidized and the capacitors may be 30 years old. Never the less the smell of all the old components is quite exhilarating. I can't tell him that I just come to smell the place but there is some truth to that.
John