element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Is Anyone Trying To Bring To Market A Project They Did On element14?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 19 replies
  • Subscribers 633 subscribers
  • Views 1352 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Is Anyone Trying To Bring To Market A Project They Did On element14?

rscasny
rscasny over 9 years ago

Our members do a lot of projects and post them on element14. A lot of them are fun projects or labors-of-love. I am curious to know if anyone is taking it a step further and trying to take something he/she made and create a marketable product?

 

I would be even curious to learn if someone is toying around with the idea, but may not be actively trying to market it.

 

Thanks.

 

Randall Scasny

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • ninjatrent
    ninjatrent over 9 years ago

    I would be more than willing to collaborate with other parties on this project. If I could find someone interested in possibly assisting me with the purchase of some of the components, it would be a big help. I have already purchased quite a few of the parts to be used in this idea.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • kas.lewis
    kas.lewis over 9 years ago in reply to ninjatrent

    What's the idea, or some elements of the idea.

     

    Kas

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • ninjatrent
    ninjatrent over 9 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    Thank you for your interest. It is a type of drone. The design that that I have in mind is rather unconventional.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • ninjatrent
    ninjatrent over 9 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    Thank you for your interest. It is a type of drone. The design that that I have in mind is rather unconventional.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • vandia
    vandia over 9 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    I feel stupid that when I responded, I did not see you were responding to someone else....
    *hides in a corner*

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • ninjatrent
    ninjatrent over 9 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    I would like to work with the community on the design. I believe it should be open source for further development. There are certain aspects of the process of designing drones that I lack experience in that others within the community might have. I don't want to build something that nobody else has access to. I want everyone to have the opportunity to make my idea better. One thing I have found thru experience is that technology can be expensive.

    But with improvement, technology can be affordable and available to everyone. That is what I am looking for. Assistance to make something available to the community. The parts I can buy later, the design we can work on now. One of the key components is an open source esc for brushless motors. There are many designs available already but none that fully meet the requirements of this design. Thanks to rscasny for the post

    https://www.element14.com/community/message/219786/l/would-you-like-to-learn-more-about-electronic-speed-controllers-for…

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • vandia
    vandia over 9 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    Well, I'm still learning: Especially on hardware, but also on programming.

     

    I've had a lot of questions recently, and still have some for things I've not used or worked with yet. "How do I control extra GPIOs from an expansion board in Python". for example, is a question I plan to post and ask when I need to come to that hurdle.

     

    I'm also altruistic and like to help people. I'm also a completionist and like to collect "trophies".... or in this case, badges!

     

    There's some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Element14.
    Hell, I use Element14 though for things I can't buy, because I can't afford to pay someone else to do it for me! image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • kas.lewis
    kas.lewis over 9 years ago in reply to ninjatrent

    If I may ask then, what help would you be looking for from the community other than buying parts ?

     

    Kas

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube