element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Is Anyone Trying To Bring To Market A Project They Did On element14?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 19 replies
  • Subscribers 633 subscribers
  • Views 1352 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Is Anyone Trying To Bring To Market A Project They Did On element14?

rscasny
rscasny over 9 years ago

Our members do a lot of projects and post them on element14. A lot of them are fun projects or labors-of-love. I am curious to know if anyone is taking it a step further and trying to take something he/she made and create a marketable product?

 

I would be even curious to learn if someone is toying around with the idea, but may not be actively trying to market it.

 

Thanks.

 

Randall Scasny

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • vandia
    vandia over 9 years ago

    In a sense....

     

    I got into robotics with some crazy dreams of some crazy cosplay props. Then I gradually downsized to things to learn better/easier.

    Since then, I've increased back up on what I intend to do, but in a different direction. Instead of trying to program some great AI, I'm trying to move from props you wear, to props you ride.

     

    So, while I'm not working on financing a SPECIFIC project, I am hoping to monetize my devices in general, by being hired to make these props on a case by case basis.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • rscasny
    rscasny over 9 years ago in reply to vandia

    Christi,

     

    Interesting. At some point, when you feel you are ready, I'd like to learn more.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Randall

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • vandia
    vandia over 9 years ago in reply to rscasny

    Learn more, for what I intend to do, or for what got me into it? lol

     

    I started with the idea that I wanted to build a large Kilala from the anime "InuYasha". However, on the budget I was on at the time, I did not have the money to get parts I needed to develop my skills, so I started building a remote controlled R2D2, to get some of the programming and hardware down, before moving it a skeleton of the Kilala a friend was supposed to make for me.

     

    Through all that, I started on other design challenges, such as automated wings for a Legend of Dragoon cosplay, a lightening gadget for Kakashi's Chidori from Naruto, an electronic version of Lightening's Gunblade from FF13, and right now, the Juggernaut/Tiger Tank that YueYing made, sourced from Warriors Orochi 3.

     

    I've given feedback on how to do things like electrify a blade from Halo, etc. I plan to actually start charging to help with those thing, or be hired to build props, since I go to at least one comic convention every year. This year at one, I gave a panel on gadgets and safety with cosplay.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • vandia
    vandia over 9 years ago in reply to rscasny

    Learn more, for what I intend to do, or for what got me into it? lol

     

    I started with the idea that I wanted to build a large Kilala from the anime "InuYasha". However, on the budget I was on at the time, I did not have the money to get parts I needed to develop my skills, so I started building a remote controlled R2D2, to get some of the programming and hardware down, before moving it a skeleton of the Kilala a friend was supposed to make for me.

     

    Through all that, I started on other design challenges, such as automated wings for a Legend of Dragoon cosplay, a lightening gadget for Kakashi's Chidori from Naruto, an electronic version of Lightening's Gunblade from FF13, and right now, the Juggernaut/Tiger Tank that YueYing made, sourced from Warriors Orochi 3.

     

    I've given feedback on how to do things like electrify a blade from Halo, etc. I plan to actually start charging to help with those thing, or be hired to build props, since I go to at least one comic convention every year. This year at one, I gave a panel on gadgets and safety with cosplay.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube