element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Introduction
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 14 replies
  • Subscribers 633 subscribers
  • Views 1520 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • new_member_introduction
Related

Introduction

willygeek
willygeek over 9 years ago

I am a septuagenarian, I live in New Zealand.

I am a Registered Electrician (in NZ), I worked for Xerox for 30 years in a variety of tech roles, eventual becoming tech launch manage for a range of high speed electronic printers. I took early retirement due to health issues, but when I got over this I started my own business building & repairing PCs, website creation and hosting, I am now fully retired from this but still want to "keep my brain active"

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • willygeek
    willygeek over 9 years ago

    Hi Rachel Et Al, Thank you for your warm welcome.  Unfortunately the only project I am working on is the refurbishment (Not a full showroom restoration) of a 1983 Kawasaki Motorcycle.  It is mid winter here (shortest day today, 22nd) and so it is a bit cold most days to achieve too much.

    I do also have a fully operational 386 PC that I am going to disassemble in order to check the condition of the electrolytic capacitors and the on board RAM battery.

     

    If anyone is really interested I can post some information on these.

     

    I do have some sort of Arduino kit that my son in law bought me, as well as one of the early Raspberry Pie kit, so in some ways I am spoiled for choice on where to start.  That is why I very interested in the kit you are detailing as it comes with project descriptions and would give me a great platform on which to build.

     

     

     

     

    Regards

    William

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • mcb1
    mcb1 over 9 years ago in reply to willygeek

    That is why I very interested in the kit you are detailing as it comes with project descriptions and would give me a great platform on which to build.

    I helped with this series of Arduino 101, which is downloadable here

    Arduino Articles / Sketches

     

    There is nothing like diving into the deep end to wake up the senses.

    The reality is that unlike many other forums, here the members will help you with meaningful answers rather than single line comments "about why did you do it that way?"

     

    There are plenty of good tutorials out there, and some of the better ones for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and many other baords have been discussed here.

    You just need to navigate through the search engine which is an art on it's own image

     

     

    Mark

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • balearicdynamics
    balearicdynamics over 9 years ago in reply to mcb1

    I helped with this series of Arduino 101, which is downloadable here

    Arduino Articles / Sketches

    This is a great series of articles, Mark image

     

    Enrico

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • balearicdynamics
    balearicdynamics over 9 years ago in reply to mcb1

    I have downloaded the articles and it's true you didn't signed all but the series remain a good bunch of reference for all

     

    Enrico

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • balearicdynamics
    balearicdynamics over 9 years ago in reply to mcb1

    I have downloaded the articles and it's true you didn't signed all but the series remain a good bunch of reference for all

     

    Enrico

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube