element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Badge Trivia
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 15 replies
  • Subscribers 631 subscribers
  • Views 1417 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • badge
  • badges
Related

Badge Trivia

dougw
dougw over 7 years ago

What was the first element 14 badge?

And when did it first become available?

How many badges are there? (> 100?)

 

This is a strange page Dudley - I can't register a Like or a Helpful or Reply to a comment. I can only edit the original discussion...perhaps because the "RELATED CONTENT" panel is stuck in "retrieving data...." mode...

I am also having similar issues with many of the new content pages...on both Chrome and IE. The "RELATED CONTENT" panel is always stuck in "Retrieving data...." mode...

- fixed now.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • Dudley
    Dudley over 7 years ago

    Not sure if I'm allowed to enter, but I found out the answer as to who got the very first badge and I also know what that badge is!

     

    Weird that you aren't getting to helpful or like dougw - I'm having no problems on either my admin user nor my non-admin. Are you still getting the problem? We sometimes see problems with likes and helpfuls when one of the back end servers is having issues, but if that's the case, it's usually a problem until we bounce that server and I don't see any evidence of that happening over the weekend.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 7 years ago in reply to Dudley

    Dudley of course you can contribute - your knowledge is welcome.

    I don't know the answers - I just have questions …..

    I guess there have probably been over 100 badges created - many are no longer available.

    Anybody who has a rare, unavailable badge could post it here.

    I'd sure like to know what the first badge was and who got it.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Dudley
    Dudley over 7 years ago in reply to dougw

    I cheated - I have full access to the gamification console admin page.

     

    The times on this screenshot aren't to be trusted because there is a reasonable amount of timezone jumping going on here - but the order of events is to be trusted.

     

    The very first badge was the element14 Top Member badge granted to michaelwylie

     

    dougw - you were 4th on the list

     

    image

     

    I have no idea who decided what order these went in. I suspect that was a decision made by the community manager at the time, which I think would have been nfusz - but it might have been element14Dave

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Dudley
    Dudley over 7 years ago in reply to dixonselvan

    Yes, the top member badge is still in use.

     

    I suspect the order was as they were entered in a spreadsheet. I wouldn't read too much into how they were entered - it was all done as a bulk task.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dixonselvan
    dixonselvan over 7 years ago in reply to fmilburn

    Yes myself too

    image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 7 years ago in reply to fmilburn

    Good, that means they are still in use....

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • fmilburn
    fmilburn over 7 years ago in reply to dougw

    Hi Doug,

     

    I received one... Frank

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • fmilburn
    fmilburn over 7 years ago in reply to dougw

    Hi Doug,

     

    I received one... Frank

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • Dudley
    Dudley over 7 years ago in reply to dixonselvan

    Yes, the top member badge is still in use.

     

    I suspect the order was as they were entered in a spreadsheet. I wouldn't read too much into how they were entered - it was all done as a bulk task.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dixonselvan
    dixonselvan over 7 years ago in reply to fmilburn

    Yes myself too

    image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 7 years ago in reply to fmilburn

    Good, that means they are still in use....

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube