Setting Up The Raspberry Pi
As there are already many Raspberry Pi setup guides that can be found online I am not going to go into too much detail about setting up the Pi within this Blog. The following checklist should get you through the Raspberry Pi setup;
- Get yourself a Raspberry Pi
- Get yourself an SD Card - ( check for compatibility issues )
- Download SD Card Formatter - and format the SD Card
- Download the NOOBS Zip File and copy the installation files to your SD Card
- Put the SD Card in the Pi - Power Up - and follow the on screen instructions
- Choose the Raspian installation option
As I have multiple Raspberry Pi's I always find it handy to have a wireless keyboard and mouse to hand - I can personally recommend the RII RT-MWK01 , alternatively a standard USB keyboard and mouse will do.
This following sections will assume that you have the Raspberry Pi already setup and have a limited knowledge of working within the Linux Terminal. If you are not that conversant with Linux commands dont worry - you will be pointed in the right direction throughout this project.
During the Raspberry Pi installation setup ensure that SSH is enabled and that you give the Raspberry Pi its own Static IP Address