Many moons ago I bought two big gas convection ovens for baking. Both didn't work. They were inexpensive for big ovens. I bought them on eBay. The manufacturer changed hands, married another company, hyphenated it's last name and as a result parts are hard to come by. So I turned to the Internet and pulled out my old voltmeter. From the Internet I managed to find the manuals in PDF form. I was able to buy some parts online but they were not exact matches to my model. The top oven had a wiring problem with the blower, a feeder line for the pilot light was clogged, and the thermocouple had stopped working. I robbed it's sister oven for some of the parts and now the top oven roars to life with a big whoosh.
The poor sister oven on the bottom was used much less than the top one but now it's missing a thermocouple. I've blown out several replacement thermocouples since they were not rated for the hot temperature. As a result I've learned a little bit more about thermocouples. This oven set had a changeover to electronic ignition instead of a pilot light about ten years into the life of this model. That ignition set is available still and I've bought most of the parts. I thought I could install the updated electronic ignition since that's where most of these models stand now. Also, I would much rather have an electronic sparker on my ovens for safety and efficiency. Although lighting the pilot in the mornings with a match will be missed. So that's were I stand now.
Next posting...the electronic igniter assembly.