Tried to create a lesson for making an engine controller, and things got way out of hand, so I will be attempting this again, but try to maintain a better structure.
- Tools, the controller needs to be a controller first, so provide code for sensor inputs, and calibration. Also communication to get state information while controller is active.
- Basic ignition and timing
- Modeling the ignition management, and units of measure (accuracy versus significance)
- Walk through an ignition event for a single cylinder.
- Special cases for starting.
- Special cases for rev limiting
- Special cases for alternative fueling
- Limits for system
After the ignition is done, and all the issues with calibration adjustment and timing, the next phase is fueling.
- Mass air flow
- Steady state equation
- Asynchronous fueling
- O2 Feedback PID