Decided the fan duct needed lights so I added 6 pixels to the inside of the duct facing out. Laser cut support ring with bare copper bus bars. Used one of the dread magnet tabs as a strain relief point.
For wire routing to the led dreads I used a piece of titanium chain maille; weave is inverted round. wires all have .1'' connectors; simplest way to ensure easy disconnect should I need to take anything apart. Most of the wire was silicone cased from adafruit. this stuff was a dream to work with; strips easy, slides nice and so soft. Think will be using it for most projects on in. even beats out the Teflon coated stuff I have been using.
Sensor function: I used a vibration sensor. works out for super simple control over light colours. I give my head a sharp shake and the lights will change to the next
colour in the list. still want to tweak the animation to have a nice fade from one to the next.
Finally a bunch of finish shots from different angles.
Yay all done. I sleep now; Party tomorrow. pics with full look then.
Edit: transition video here: https://plus.google.com/110311056436938151200/posts/P5fjjyvpSxa