Today I had a lovely irritating problem. But from solving it I learned a valuable lesson: Get your naming conventions right
I am currently working in matlab using the SimPowerSystems toolbox which I use to build some dc-dc converters, which in turn I am fitting with some control strategy and with which I am going to conduct some tests.
Now, I am new to dc-dc converters and am still learning as I go along (along with the various books an papers I am reading).
The dc-dc converter is using is a classic bi-directional converter and as such can work 2 ways. I had set up the boost section of the converter with control which works after which I went to set up the buck section but got strange results - mainly the pwm signal was not switching.
So, I went back to basic and copied part of the circuitry to a new file which I setup to work in the most basic of setups: voltage in - converter - resistor out
This didn't get me anywhere and I got more and more frustrated.
Eventually, I noticed that the port names were a bit all over the place so I corrected them by setting a good naming convention and than I noticed that some of my inputs were actually outputs and vice versa.
Got that problem out of the way and voila: basic setup works.
But am still having problems with my dutycycle.....