Currently most of film capacitor manufacturers are using standard foil (PP + Zn-Al type).
Panasonic's Aluminium Metallization technolog (PP + Zn-AL Type) has several BIG advantages compared to the standard ones.
- One big concern from standard metallization is, that capacitance value of Zn-Al Alloy electrode type decreases drastically in high humidity environment due to corrosion.
Panasonic is using Al electrode on PP dielectric film, which is much better at humidity resistance and makes capacitor's performance much better in terms of capacitance decrease.
Here I would like to take one example: Panasonic safety regulation class X2 capacitor ECQUA series.
Some more features of ECQUA series:
- High realibility: 85degreeC / 85% / 500h loaded condition
- Safty design: pattern metallization (more details below)
- Miniaturization: 6um Polypropylene film
- Max. voltage up to 310 VAC.
- Suitable for series to the mains application
- Flame-retardant plastic case and non-combustible res
- Furthermore, Panasonic's unique pattern metallization design realizes outstanding fuse function which ensures open circuit.
- Panasonic is making this aluminium foil metallization process completely in-house so no need to depend on sub-contractor and total production lead time is also shorten.
For more details about Panasonic film capacitors, you are most welcome to visit our homepage http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-ctlg/ctlg/qABD0000_EU.html