Vigor Releases SST Explosion-proof Inclinometer
Shanghai, China 2012-6-20
On the consideration of strict demands of petrochemical industry, Vigor has launched a kind SST explosion-proof high-accuracy inclinometer in Shanghai China.
- 1. Level measurement in harsh environment (petroleum,
Chemical factory, natural gas), precise angle measurement,
and lab equipment leveling.
- 2. Attitude monitoring, angle measurement and alarming of the
building and structures in gas explosion proof zone Ⅰ&Ⅱ and dust explosion-proof zone 21 & 22.
- 3. Attitude monitoring in harsh environment, such as offshore drilling platform, large- inflammable and explosive storage, complex geology, dangerous vehicles and vessels.
Generally, SST explosion-proof inclinometer can be installed and used in inflammable and explosive area, except coal pit and mine occupied with inflammable & explosive gas. The explosive grade is up to EXdⅡCT6, even in the harshest environment, it will prevent the temperature of object(might be ignited) burst into too high, nearly 85℃. Moreover, the housing of inclinometer can suffer the great shock of explosion caused by the inner gas, and the surface or hole won’t fire the mixed gas. For example, hydrogen still could not be detonated even spark energy reaches 0.019MJ.
In past, accuracy is simply thought to be non-linearity by some suppliers, but now Vigor has redefined it, as we consider Cross-axis sensitivity error and Offset are two important factors of sensor total accuracy. With the unique angle measurement technology, it solves the installation problem for users, such as actual tilt input axis is not in line with natural tilt sensing axis of sensor. Also with the misalignment parameter, users will know how to install and get the accurate angle data as well.
Vigor creatively combines with “cross-axis sensitivity error” and “input axis misalignment” data together, and makes possibility for more accurate tilt measurement at any angle point:
- 1. In industrial field, the measured object doesn’t usually tilt according to theory X or Y axis, sometimes a little bearing gap of mechanical component will not make tilt with theory X or Y axis, also there are many similar factors to effect to accuracy. If the cross-axis sensitivity error is large enough, Y axis output data of sensor will be affected while X axis tilts a lot, and it is the same for X axis while Y axis tilting. Therefore, for an inclinometer with 3~5% cross-axis sensitivity, even linearity is high enough, the total accuracy should be reduced to 3~5% of the labeled, but not only real linearity data.
- 2. Without misalignment parameter, engineers usually install the sensor through visual measurement. But the large deviation between sensing axis of sensor and actual tilt direction of object will greatly affect accuracy of inclinometer, this is an extra error that will be accumulated into output tilt angle data, and this error will rise while tilt comes up.
SST inclinometer has solved the above problems, and realized the absolute combined accuracy in the tilt angle measurement.
SST explosion-proof inclinometer performances
Combined absolute accuracy (@25℃ )
Input axis misalignment
Sensitivity temperature drift coefficient
≤50 ppm/ ℃
Offset temperature drift coefficient(max)
Offset turn on repeatability(max)
1 axis or 2 axis
Vigor can also provide customized products, for more details please contact +86-400-0505-021.
The core competence of Vigor in tilt measurement field:
- 1. In production, modal test have to be made on each housing of SST inclinometer, rather than simply fixing the PCBA board in it.
- 2. Modal test have to be made on inner PCBA board of SST inclinometer, as it solves resonance interference by environment vibration when suppress by filter.
- 3. Inclinometer testing is strictly executed as per relevant Chinese and international standard implementation, including GB, GJB, MIL, IEC, ISO, EN, etc...
- 4. Nearly 20 kinds of invention patents, utility model patents, patents of appearance and software copyrights in the field of tilt measurement.
- 5. Each inclinometer adopts patented automatic testing technology, which will greatly reduce human interference on the quality, and keep the same quality consistency.
- 6. Vigor provides most accurate inclinometer in the world. The absolute accuracy can reach ±5 arc-seconds @ -40 ~ 85℃, and zero stability is up to ± 3.6 arc-seconds within 12 months. We are still making it better.
- 7. Vigor is the first one in the world to combine the tilt measurement technology with iPad and iPhone on industry, and it makes great convenience for users and saves their cost.
- 8. Vigor is the first one in the world to bring the philosophy of “reducing users' application cost”. Over 100 kinds of accessories can greatly save users' time and cost in the process of project.
- 9. With strong research and design ability, Vigor provides various inclinometers in the world to meet different application requirements, also customized products can be designed as special request. Over 30 different industrial signal interfaces (include aerospace and aeronautic).
- 10.Vigor is the largest manufacturer specialized in inclinometer. Over 50 staffs can provide quick-to-answer service.