This is a how-to I build a typical node, this will show you my methodology. You will need to gather your goodies. In this case, I will need the following: ( this is a complication of the Info, Manufac, Category tables the only thing not included is the Quantity column.)
- The first jobis to drill and cut all the holes for the front panel and the four mounting holes for the 4-40 screws which secure the mount to the case.
- The second jobis to drill, route the two holes with Rotozip bits on the drill, this is for the DB-25 mounting plates (which I may or not need).
- Then I needtwo (2) # 6 holes and taped on the front and the rear of the lid, to hold it to the case. Next is a spritz of the red paint on the front panel only this is the only thing that shows.
- The next thing is to Wire-Wrap connectors J1, J2, J3 to the DB-25s. Then test the output of the frequency switches via the USB terminal.
- The next this is to Wire-Wrap the CAN bus and Relay Modules.
- Then wire the output of the CAN module to the RJ-45 module.
- Lastly bringing 5vdc, 12vdc, and ground from the DIN5 Connector is for two functions 1. power to the Arduino and 12volt power for the Lamps via the relay.
- Now to write some software!!!
- Send a properly formatted message to the USB terminal.
- Receive a request for status (heartbeat)
- Future integration with Node -0
Lines with Red strikethrough are done.