SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series

Manufactured By:NXP
SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series
Part Number:MCIMX6Q-SDB

NXP's Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) board for smart devices introduces developers to quad-core processing, low-power consumption and leading-edge multimedia and graphics applications on the i.MX 6Quad ARM ® Cortex™ -A9 applications processor.

The SABRE board for smart devices simplifies product design with a low-cost, feature-rich development platform that allows developers to work with the majority of the i.MX 6Quad processor’s primary features while remaining schematically compatible with i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, and i.MX 6Solo designs. This helps to reduce time to market by providing a basic product design that serves as a launching point for more complex designs.

The i.MX 6Quad family encompasses a quad-core platform running up to 1.2 GHz with 1 MB of L2 cache and 64-bit DDR3 or 2-ch., 32-bit LPDDR2 support. Integrated FlexCAN, MLB busses, PCI Express® and SATA-2 provide excellent connectivity, while integration of LVDS, MIPI display port, MIPI camera port and HDMI v1.4 makes it an ideal platform for leading-edge consumer, automotive and industrial multimedia applications.

Key Applications: Automotive (Rear Seat Entertainment Systems, Telematics), Consumer (Portable Navigation Devices, Tablets, Smart Monitors, Multimedia Internet Devices), Industrial (Human Machine Interface (HMI), Aerospace and Defense, Security and Alarms Systems, Non-Automotive Transportation) Medical/Healthcare (Health Care Equipment and Devices, Handheld Medical/Industrial Applications, Medical-CT Scanner) Networking (Test and Measurement)

Features

• Processor
    • NXP i.MX 6Quad 1 GHz ARM® Cortex™-A9 processor
  • Display
    • 2x LVDS connectors
    • HDMI connector
    • LCD expansion connector (parallel, 24-bit)
  • User Interface
    • Buttons: power, reset, volume up/down
  • Power Management
    • NXP PF-Series 101
  • Audio
    • Wolfson audio codec
    • Microphone and headphone jacks
  • Expansion Connector
    • Camera MIPI CSI port
    • I²C, SSI, SPI signals
  • Connectivity
    • Full-size SD/MMC card slots (2x)