Microstack GPS Accessory Module Board
MICROSTACK is a framework of cross platform accessories that add functions to your designs through the use of cross platform module boards and platform specific adapter boards. Adapters to various platforms, starting with Raspberry Pi, add a common physical interface for connecting Microstack accessory module boards that are reuseable between designs and platforms.
MICROSTACK GPS features the L80 ultra slim POT(Patch on Top) module with an embedded 15x15mm patch antenna, this MICROSTACK module adds GPS positioning functions to all platforms compatible with the Microstack framework. This space-saving design makes L80 become the perpect module for the miniature devices. Adopted by LCC package and integrated with patch antenna, L80 has exceptional performance both in acquisition and tracking.
Combining advanced AGPS called EASY (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate technology, L80 achieves the highest performance and fully meets the industrial standard. EASY technology ensures L80 can calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so L80 can fix position quickly even at indoor signal levels with low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate technology, L80 can adaptively adjust the on/off time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motion conditions.
L80 supports automatic antenna switching function. It can achieve the switching between internal patch antenna and external active antenna. Moreover, it keeps positioning during the switching process. With its tiny design, high precision and sensitivity, L80 is perfectly suitable for a broad range of M2M applications such as portable device, automotive, personal tracking, security and industrial PDA, especially suitable for special applications, like GPS mouse and OBD.
- Asset tracking
- High accuracy, remote time synchronisation
- Location aware services
- Position data logging
- Low power (Acquisition mode 25mA, Tracking 20mA, down to 3mA with AlwaysLocate™ mode)
- Short time to fix
- Embedded, high sensitivity internal patch antenna
- Optional, external antenna connection
- Pulse per second (PPS) signal for precision timing
- High sensitivity receiver with AntiJamming
- DGPS, SBAS (WASS,EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN) compatible
- Built in, self containted data logging
- Programmable automatic wake/sleep periods
- AlwaysLocate™ mode for automatic sleep during inactivity, and wake on movement to save power
- Can be used with Microstack™ adapter baseboards, including Raspberry Pi®
- Can be used directly in breadboards, prototyping and custom designs
- Power 2.8V to 4.3V
- Acquisition mode 25mA
- Tracking mode 20mA
- AlwaysLocate™ mode 3mA
- Update interval 1Hz up to 10Hz
- Operating Temp 40° to 85°
- 1575.42 MHz receiver — 22 Channel Tracking, 66 Channel Acquisition
- Max altitude 18km
- Typical PPS accuracy <15ns li=""> Serial interface, 4800bps to 115200bps, 9600 by default<!--15ns-->
- Microstack GPS Module
Product Brief/Fact sheet
Can I directly interface the Microstack GPS module to connect and work with Raspberry Pi?
How can I use the built-in logging of the Microstack GPS?
How can I use the LOCUS logging system?
easy way to use LOCUS logging:
>>> gps.locus_query() # Query the status of the LOCUS logger
>>> gps.locus_start() # Start the logger
>>> gps.locus_stop() # Stop the logger
>>> gps.locus_erase() # Erase all data items in the log
>>> gps.locus_query_data() # Return a list of data items in