|Software Tools||Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The evaluation board has been designed so that the can be evaluated as an energy meter. Using appropriate current transducers, the evaluation board can be connected to a test bench or high voltage (240 V rms) test circuit. On-board resistor divider networks provide the attenuation for the line voltages.The evaluation board requires two power supplies, one external supply of 3.3 V and one supply provided by connecting a USB cable between a PC and the board. Appropriate current transducers are also required.
The is a high accuracy, 3-phase electrical energy measurement IC with serial interfaces and three flexible pulse outputs. The ADE7880 device incorporates second-order sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), a digital integrator, reference circuitry, and all of the signal processing required to perform the total (fundamental and harmonic) active and apparent energy measurements, rms calculations, and fundamental-only active and reactive energy measurements. In addition, the ADE7880 computes the rms of harmonics on the phase and neutral currents and on the phase voltages, together with the active, reactive, and apparent powers, the power factor and harmonic distortion on each harmonic for all phases.
Total harmonic distortion (THD) is computed for all currents and voltages. The user guide describes the evaluation kit hardware, firmware, and software functionality. The evaluation board contains an ADE7880 and an microcontroller. The ADE7880 and its associated metering components are optically isolated from the microcontroller. The microcontroller communicates with the PC using a USB interface.
Key Applications: Energy metering systems, Power quality monitoring, Solar inverters, Process monitoring, Protective devices.
ADE7880 Evaluation Software
The ADE7880 evaluation board is supported by Windows based software that allows the user to access all the functionality of the ADE7880. The software communicates with the NXP microcontroller using the USB as a virtual COM port. The NXP LPC2368 communicates with the ADE7880 to process the requests that are sent from the PC.
The ADE7880 software is supplied on one CD-ROM. It contains two projects: one that represents the NXP project and one LabVIEW. based program that runs on the PC. The ADE7880 evaluation software allows access to all registers and features of the ADE7880, such as active/reactive energy, RMS reading, waveform sampling, read/write registers, reset ADE7880, etc.
|CAD Model||ADI: CAD Model for ADE7880ACPZ (BXL File Format)|
Features of :
- Evaluation board designed to be used with accompanying software to implement a fully functional 3-phase energy meter
- Easy connection of external transducers via screw terminals Easy modification of signal conditioning components using PCB sockets
- LED indicators on the CF1, CF2, CF3, IRQ0, and IRQ1 logic outputs
- Optically isolated metering components and USB-based communication with a PC
- External voltage reference option available for on-chip reference evaluation
- PC COM port-based firmware updates
Features of :
- Highly accurate; supports IEC 62053-21, IEC 62053-22, IEC 62053-23, EN 50470-1, EN 50470-3, ANSI C12.20, and IEEE1459 standards
- Supports IEC 61000-4-7 Class I and Class II accuracy specification
- Compatible with 3-phase, 3- or 4-wire (delta or wye), and other 3-phase services
- Supplies rms, active, reactive and apparent powers, power factor, THD, and harmonic distortion of all harmonics within 2.8 kHz pass band on all phases
- Supplies rms and harmonic distortions of all harmonics within 2.8 kHz pass band on neutral current
- Less than 1% error in harmonic current and voltage rms, harmonic active and reactive powers over a dynamic range of 2000 to 1 at TA = 25°C
- Supplies total (fundamental and harmonic) active and apparent energy and fundamental active/reactive energy on each phase and on the overall system
- Less than 0.1% error in active and fundamental reactive energy over a dynamic range of 1000 to 1 at TA = 25°C
- Less than 0.2% error in active and fundamental reactive energy over a dynamic range of 5000 to 1 at TA = 25°C
- Less than 0.1% error in voltage and current rms over a dynamic range of 1000 to 1 at TA = 25°C
- Battery supply input for missing neutral operation
- Wide-supply voltage operation: 2.4 V to 3.7 V
- Reference: 1.2 V (drift 10 ppm/°C typical) with external overdrive capability
- 40-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) Pb-free, pin-for-pin compatible with , , and
The Analog Devices supplied with below contents:
- Evaluation Board with USB interface
- USB cable
- PC software