The DF57 is packed full of high reliability features:
● 'Swing Lock' - unique double locking mechanism
● Long contact mating - ensures excellent electrical continuity
● Blade contacts - prevents damage from cable wrenching forces
● Fully moulded contacts - prevents gaps and solder wicking
● Tactile click - ensures reliable mating
● Strengthened housing lance - increases retention
● Positive lock - withstands minimum 5N cable pull
● High durability - 30 mating cycles achievable
The new DF57 range of headers, sockets and crimp contacts has been designed with space saving in mind, it only occupies 18mm² or 23mm² approximate board space for the two and three contact position respectively, the height profile is a mere 1.4mm. Power performance is not compromised by the small size; there's an impressive 2 amp current rating per contact.
During the mating operation the receptacle is inserted into the header at a slight angle by offering the cable end in first, this engages with the positive lock. The mating operation is then finished by ‘swinging’ the other end of the receptacle in to engage with the friction lock which provides a tactile click sensation to confirm correct mating. It also prevents the receptacle from floating. The positive lock can withstand a minimum of 5N of cable pull force ensuring that the socket can not be accidentally removed from the header. A small lever makes the unmating process very quick and easy.