Spring fingers (also known as shield fingers, grounding springs or universial ground contacts) are used in almost every small printed circuit board application. A spring finger is a single contact, surface mountable
internal connector. It provides an electrical connection and grounding from EMI noise and and static between a PCB and other electronic components, such as a secondary PCB, shield cam, antenna, or speaker.
TE Connectivity offers a wide selection of spring fingers in varying styles and sizes depending on the type of application.
- Used for grounding between device and PCB
- Provides shielding from vibration from motors, antennas, speakers and microphones
- Used as a connection for stacking applications between primary and secondary PCB's.
- Availible in effective heights of 0.3mm 0 6.5mm
- Requires limited space on a PCB
- Accomodates soldering and pick-and-uplace using standard equipment
- Prevents EMI noise and static
- Provides a highly reliable connection
- Provides an easy and inexpensive method for connecting multiple PCB's
- Allows for versatility in design of the PCB
- Can be designed in at the last minute.
- No expensive specialized equipment needed
- Cell phones, smart phones
- MP3 players
- Digital Cameras, camcorders
- GPS Units
- PC's and laptops
- Home electronic devices
- Industrial Equipment
For further information about the products please
contact our Product information Center (PIC)
2013 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity
Ltd. Company. All Rights Reserved. TE Connectivity and TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks