SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) I/O Products support the hot swap of various fiber optic and copper based transceivers and cable assemblies into host equipment. SFP products provide a shielded port for Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and InfiniBand switches, hubs and host bus adapters. Designs are based on the industry standard SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), of which TE Connectivity (TE) was a founding member.
TE offers SFP cages in single port and multi-port designs for added density. Chassis grounds are achieved through EMI springs at the bezel interface and ensure EMI containment. The SFP board mount connector is a 20 position interface, with surface mount termination or press-fit when integrated into a one-piece cage/connector assembly.
Other options include integrated lightpipes for port indicators and riding heatsinks for improved thermal management.
- Supports applications up to 4 Gb/s
- Cages available in single port, ganged, and stacked configurations
- Stacked cages have integrated connectors, press-fit in one process step
- Uses 20 position PT (Pluggable Transceiver) connector
- Direct attach copper cable assemblies for lower cost with short reach
- Integrated lightpipes for port indicators
- Enhanced EMI springs for increased EMI suppression
- Riding heat sink technology for thermal management
- RoHS compliant
- Network Interface Cards (NICs)
For further information about the products please contact our Product Information Center (PIC)
2013 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity Ltd. Company. All Rights Reserved.
TE Connectivity and TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks