Upgrading current backplane architectures from existing to higher performance designs is a continual challenge in the interconnect industry. We are addressing this issue with its Z-PACK HM-Zd connector family with the introduction of the Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connector. The new Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus product is ideally suited to meet next generation AdvancedTCA designs.
The Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connector is fully compatible with existing Z-PACK HM-Zd connectors, but offers an increase in data rate performance to 15 - 20 Gb/s. Enabling this performance upgrade are a reduction in connector and pcb footprint crosstalk, tighter impedance control, reduction of intra pair skew and an improvement in the insertion loss characteristics. All of this is achieved in a form factor that is identical to the current industry standard version and therefore fully backward compatible with existing legacy equipment in the field today.
As exemplified by the Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connector development effort, we are committed to meeting customer needs as requirements for increased interconnect performance intensify, not only with brand new, state-of-the-art designs but with enhanced versions of existing connector families as well.
- 15 - 20 Gb/s performance
- Fully plug compatible with current Z-PACK HM-Zd backplane connector configurations
- Connector upgrade including reduced crosstalk and skew, tighter impedance control, and improved signal throughput
- Ideal for next generation AdvancedTCA designs
- PCB footprint enhanced for lower crosstalk and improved impedance while permitting easier trace routing
- Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connectors are designed for high speed backplane applications:
- Servers: Blade, Rack Mount and Mainframe
- Switches: Stackable, Carrier Grade, Core, Edge and Metro Ethernet
- Routers: Edge, Core, Enterprise Class, Carrier Grade Ethernet, Broadband Remote access Aggregation Server (BRAS), and Multi Service Edge
- Optical Transport: Carrier Grade Optical, Metro Wave Division Multi-plexing (WDM), Optical Multi-Service Provisioning, Long Haul Optical, and Optical Line Terminals (OLT)
For further information about the products please contact our Product Information Center (PIC)
2013 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity Ltd. Company. All Rights Reserved.
TE Connectivity and TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks