TE Connectivity (TE) offers a board-to-board screw-down jumper assembly for use in LED lighting strips, lighting controls, and channel lettering. The RoHS-compliant jumper, which was originally designed for T8 and T12 fluorescent retrofit tubes, specifically serves the solid state lighting (SSL) market.
The product simplifies the manufacturing process of the above lighting applications by providing the electrical connection between adjacent printed circuit boards (PCBs) arranged in a string of LED PCBs. The featured screw fastens to threaded holes in an aluminum clad PCB base, or into a separate aluminum heat sink used with FR4 boards.
The two-position jumper fits onto a 16.50mm [.650 inch] wide PCB with features that maintain a 7.0mm [.276 inch] spacing between adjacent boards. The ETL recognized board-to-board connector meets UL 1977 standards.
Product specifications include a current rating of 5 Amps, operating temperature of - 40 to +105 degrees Celsius, 250 VAC / 250 VDC voltage rating, and a 1500 VAC dielectric withstanding voltage rating.
- Low profile design connector assembly
- Connector assembly attachment to PC board via #6 screw to heat sink fully seats electrical contacts against printed circuit board pads
- #6 screw (not included) used to secure Screw Down Jumper Assembly to tapped hole in heat sink or base
- #6 screw should be zinc plated or have equivalent protective coating to prevent corrosion
- Connectors fit onto 16.50mm [.650] wide printed circuit boards
- 70mm printed circuit board spacing
- Registration features in Screw Down Jumper Assembly align with printed circuit board cutouts
- Tube packaged assemblies
- ETL recognized, File No. 3178692CRT-001 to UL1977
- RoHS compliant
- T8 - T12 fluorescent retrofit LED bulbs
- LED lighting strips
- LED lighting controls
- LED channel letter
Download Board-to-Board Screw-Down Jumper Application Specification below: