The SMT thru-board connector provides a means to bring power from the underside of an FR4 or aluminum-clad pc board, eliminating issues of dressing wires on the top side of LED boards. The 2-position through 6-position connector utilizes surface-mount technology on the top of the board and passes through the board to present an underside interface. The connector mates with standard AMP Mini CT connectors. The inverted design allows simpler assembly and installation of solid-state LED lighting in architectural, residential and commercial applications. The AMP Mini CT connector is rated for 3 amps per contact, on 24 AWG wire.
With a space-saving low-profile design and rounded corners to minimize shadowing, the connector fits through a hole or notch in the board.
High-temperature materials allow the connector to be reflow soldered, while a flat top surface provides compatibility with vacuum pickup. The connector uses surface-mount hold-downs to provide stability during mating and un-mating. With UL Recognition and CSA Certification, the connector meets the requirements of UL 1977, File No. E28476.
- Low profile design
- Rounded corners to minimize shadowing
- Connector is positioned through cutout or notch in p.c. board
- Surface mount hold downs provide stability during mating and un-mating
- High temperature material for reflow processing
- Flat top surface allows for vacuum pick up
- LED lighting controls
- Indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures
- General LED illumination fixtures
- Various non-lighting applications that require wire dress connections beneath the printed circuit board
Download Inverted Through Board Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Connector Assembly Application Specification below: