TE Connectivity (TE), a participating member of the EMerge Alliance, launches new low-voltage direct-current (LVDC) grid interconnects for use in EMerge Alliance-compliant systems. The DC grid interconnects include a variety of connectors and cable assemblies designed to transfer power to and from lighting fixtures and other electrical devices used in the system. All interconnects meet the requirements of the EMerge Alliance Standard -- a new 24 VDC power distribution platform for the use of safe, low-voltage DC power in commercial interiors.
The EMerge Alliance system includes an easy plug-and-play standard for integrated management and control of more energy efficient and individually controllable devices such as LED lighting. Additionally, the system eliminates device-level AC to DC electrical power conversions and provides flexibility to arrange and re-arrange lighting, actuators and other devices without the need for re-wiring. The system also facilitates easy integration of on-site alternative energy sources.
The grid design allows for fixtures and other electrical device additions, modifications, and location changes along both sides of the bus bar structure above and below a suspended ceiling -- eliminating the need for hard wire changes. The plenum-rated power feed, load and bus bar-to-bus bar cable assemblies include plenum cables with outer insulation material. The flame-resistant material produces less smoke when burning than ordinary cables that reside in the space between the structural and drop-down ceiling in commercial buildings. The polarized cable assembly housings feature releasable latching for quick installation.
The external bus bar connector -- plenum-rated and designed with polarized housing -- connects fixtures or devices that reside in the space above the drop-down ceiling. The internal bus bar connector, equipped with releasable latching and threaded coupling, provides the mounting and electrical connection for lighting fixtures or devices located in the suspended ceiling. This connector does not require plenum rating.
Power feed-and-load Universal MATE-N-LOK connectors, terminals and hardware are available upon special request for custom fixture or device cable assembly applications. Universal MATE-N-LOK headers for custom power supply module assembly are also offered.
EMerge Alliance is a Registered Trademark of the EMerge Alliance Corporation
DC FlexZone Grid is a Registered Trademark of Armstrong World Industries
- Safe, low-voltage DC distribution system
- Provides a plug and play standard for integrated management and control of more energy efficient and individually controllable devices such as LED lighting and other digital devices
- Eliminates device level AC to DC electrical power conversions
- Provides flexibility to readily arrange and rearrange lighting, actuators and other devices without the need for rewiring
- Easier integration of on-site alternative energy sources such as solar, wind, fuel cell and batteries, with traditional AC power sources
- Standards include: EMerge Alliance 24 VDC Occupied Space Standard; UL2577; ANSI/NFPA 70
- Designed for use with EMerge Alliance registered products
Download Low Voltage DC (LVDC) Grid Interconnects Application Specification below: