Thanks for that Riccardo. I really enjoyed reading your review. I too like the way you made the comparrison to Arduino. I usually like to ask a question of a review. I can't find an aspect in your review that may have been missed
Thanks again
Thank you for the compliments I hope that TIpiccolo kit would arrive
to do another special review!!! ;P
Best regards
Riccardo
Good review thanks!
I watched the mbed webinar a few weeks back, and so was aware that it was really for proof of concept and rapid prototyping, rather than building beta products or debugging.
If you get a chance, maybe you could write another review, sometime, detailing the development process - and the quantity/quality of libraries etc that are available, and how easy do you think it would be to go from mbed to production? Would it require a total re-work, or can you take the code with you from concept to reality?
Thanks for explaining, Riccardo, and for the links to the other systems.
It looks as if the ARM is entering the hobbyist mainstream.
I think it would be in NXPs best interest to make this a Production ready module, otherwise interest will drop in it quickly.
Profesionals won't need to use it and hobbiest won't want to use it.
no i didn't want to say that mbed library contains some bugs
I wanted to say just that i you want to use somenthing in a production
chain, you need to be sure at 100% of your basic libraries...
In my opinion I'd prefer to use this 3 opensource altenative for an ARM architecture:
Good hardware bur programming in .NET sdk should be dangerous because you loose any connection with the real hw
http://www.bugblat.com/products/cor.html
http://leaflabs.com/devices/maple/
Both architecture based on STM32 arm cortex m3...
no i didn't want to say that mbed library contains some bugs
I wanted to say just that i you want to use somenthing in a production
chain, you need to be sure at 100% of your basic libraries...
In my opinion I'd prefer to use this 3 opensource altenative for an ARM architecture:
Good hardware bur programming in .NET sdk should be dangerous because you loose any connection with the real hw
http://www.bugblat.com/products/cor.html
http://leaflabs.com/devices/maple/
Both architecture based on STM32 arm cortex m3...
Thanks for explaining, Riccardo, and for the links to the other systems.
It looks as if the ARM is entering the hobbyist mainstream.