- MMA8451QTMMA8451QT - a 14 bit accelerometer
- MMA8452QTMMA8452QT - a 12 bit accelerometer
- MMA8453QTMMA8453QT - a 10 bit accelerometer
Hi Patel,
On the XL_Star board (http://http://uk.farnell.com/element14/star-xl-s08/kit-demo-debugger-xl-star-w-mma8451q/dp/1864565?Ntt=XL_Star), you have the MMA8451Q connected through I2C with the MC9S08MMA128 (8bit MCU from Freescale). There is no PC interface but on the CD-ROM provided with the board, you have the C code sources to run the demo in order to evaluate the accelerometer.
Hey ,,,,... man this one is 1 of the nice readily available accelerometer board..!!
i wanna to work on accelerometer ..is this reliable to each and every controller board ..!!
i dont i have jst refered your scripts ...so pls help me to better accelerometer interface.>!!!
You are absolutely right awneil.
However for people who are only interesting to have a look to what such device can do, we can offer you another option as the MMA8451QTMMA8451QT is also integrated on the XL_STAR board that you can purchase on your local farnell web site. And price I think is quite affordable for such evaluation.
Hi Scott,
Good start and nice description of what came with the kit. I encourage you to keep a detailed record and let us all see what you did, both what worked and what didn't.
I look forward to your future posts, it looks like an interesting project.
Thanks
DAB
Actually, that looks like very good value for what you get!
Remember that an evaluation board - as the name suggests - is designed for people who are evaluating the component with a view to incorporating it into a commercial project.
Hey Urvish, sorry you missed the RoadTest. The only way to get the boards now is to buy, http://in.element14.com/freescale-semiconductor/lfstbusb/accelerometer-usb-interface-board/dp/1800440 and http://in.element14.com/freescale-semiconductor/rd3924mma8450q/kit-eval-accelerometer-mma8450/dp/1796119
We have some nice sensor solutions coming up soon, so keep watching.
I want this type of board so how can I get it???
I am right now working on COTEX ARM...
I am planning to keep some sort of log, and now that I have the initial review done for you (it's been a weight hanging over my head :-) ) I can move onto doing some actual work on it.
I'm definitely looking forward to hear more about that. Are you keeping a log/diary?