I am getting ready to launch a Nordic Semiconductor Development Kit based on its new Wi-Fi 6 companion IC. I wanted to get some feedback on the community's interest in this product and roadtest.
Here's some general information about the product:
The nRF7002 DK is the development kit for the nRF7002 Wi-Fi 6 Companion IC. It contains everything needed to get started developing on a single board. The DK features an nRF5340 multiprotocol System-on-Chip (SoC) as a host processor for the nRF7002.
The DK supports the development of low-power Wi-Fi applications and enables Wi-Fi 6 features like OFDMA, Beamforming, and Target Wake Time.
The nRF7002 is a Wi-Fi 6 companion IC, providing seamless connectivity and Wi-Fi-based locationing (SSID sniffing of local Wi-Fi hubs). It is designed to be used alongside Nordic’s existing nRF52® and nRF53® Series Bluetooth Systems-on-Chip (SoCs), and nRF91® Series cellular IoT Systems-in-Package (SiPs). The nRF7002 can also be used in conjunction with non-Nordic host devices.
Here are some features:
- Supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh, NFC, Thread and Zigbee
- nRF5340 SoC as host processor
- 2.4 GHz, 2.4/5 GHz, and NFC antennas
- User-programmable LEDs(2) and buttons(2)
- SWF RF connector for direct RF measurements
- On-board SEGGER J-Link debugger/programmer
- Arduino Uno Rev3 form factor
- Pins for measuring power consumption
Here are some links to documentation:
Prospective Roadtester Polls
Please vote in these polls. They provide us insights into how you view this roadtest. Thanks.