Given the interest and growth of electric vehicles (EVs), it was just a matter of time for one of our suppliers to begin offering tool kits specifically for EVs. One of our suppliers, Megger, is interested in having the element14 Community roadtest this kit. This product is designed to check the safety and operation of EV charger points.
I'd like to get your thoughts about this tool kit. If you have the time, please vote in the poll below.
Let me tell you a few things about this tool:
The new EVCC300 introduces a new and convenient way of checking electric vehicle (EV) charge points. A simple all in one concept provides an easy to use solution to check both the safety and operation of mode 2 and single phase mode 3 (level 1 and two phase level 2) EV chargers. The instrument is ideal for those wishing to perform a fault finding check on an EV charger following manufacture or repair, or just part of a maintenance schedule/inspection.
Here are some features:
- Checks mode 2 and single-phase mode 3 (level 1 and two phase level 2) chargers
- Checks chargers with SAE J1772 Type 1 and Type 2 connectors
- Performs four EV charger safety checks
- Performs four EV charger operation checks
- Checks to see if nuisance tripping or RCD/GFCI is likely to occur
- Reads control pilot state response from EV Charger to IEC61852-1
Here are some technical documents: