element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products & Partners
    Products & Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
RoadTests & Reviews
  • Products & Partners
  • More
RoadTests & Reviews
RoadTest Forum POST 3 What is in the box... Red Pitaya STEMlab 125-14 PRO Gen 2 Starter Kit
  • Blogs
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • RoadTests
  • Reviews
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Sub-Groups
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join RoadTests & Reviews to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 14 replies
  • Subscribers 2746 subscribers
  • Views 492 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • RoadTest
  • test equipment
  • red pitaya
Related

POST 3 What is in the box... Red Pitaya STEMlab 125-14 PRO Gen 2 Starter Kit

colporteur
colporteur 21 days ago

I've discovered that the documentation is significantly behind the product supplied for this RoadTest. I would have liked to provide the resource I discovered that my fellow RoadTester could use and not have to visit the dead end rabbit warrens that I have traveled.

image

It appears this is the unit used for the documentation. Notice next to the RJ45 connector the narrow silver case of a USB-A socket.

image

We are provided this unit. Note the USB is not present.

image

In addition, the kit comes with a QSPI eMCC module. It mates with the E3 connector on the board. This module promises to eliminate the need for the SD card, if it only worked!

I've discovered the firmware for this module has changed (as promised in documentation). I have been unsuccessful in trying to load the OS to this module in the current firmware version because of the watchdog timer. It reboots the OS when it fails to get a proper response. It has to be disabled to load the OS (through a USB port that doesn't exist) into the module. A github dev version I found appears to fix the issue.

The documentation is for the board I don't have so even if I solve the watchdog timer issue my board doesn't have the USB-A port to move the OS.

After backing out of the last warren run that ended in a dead end, I've sent an email to Red Pitaya support for assistance.

My intent was to get a stable Pitaya platform to pursue SDR objectives. A self contained bootable Pitaya I felt was a reasonable starting point. That would give me a chance to explore the setup and then investigate SDR. That setup part is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

Getting the OS working was a struggle. I'm going to park the module boot option until I get a response from support.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • michaelkellett
    michaelkellett 21 days ago

    I feel your pain, and I'm grateful that you are doing this so we don't have to.

    What is that Red Pitaya don't get about the notion that stuff at this price level should just work!

    MK

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • michaelkellett
    michaelkellett 21 days ago

    I feel your pain, and I'm grateful that you are doing this so we don't have to.

    What is that Red Pitaya don't get about the notion that stuff at this price level should just work!

    MK

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube