The S12G automotive HVAC control platform reference solution utilizes the scalable S12G 16-bit MCU family along with MC33905, MC33932VW and MC33937 analog devices to drive stepper, DC and BLDC types of motors and leverages a configurable automatic climate control software algorithm providing a feature-rich solution for automotive HVAC applications.
This HVAC control platform reference solution mainly consists of a central control board with human-machine-interface (HMI), a motor control board, flap and blower motors. It enables the basic functions of an automotive HVAC system using temperature, light, humidity and air quality sense interfaces together with the configurable automatic climate control software algorithm to more efficiently control the vehicle climate.
The LCD controlled by the S08LG MCU (optional) can display rich content for the driver including temperature, wind speed and calendar. This reference solution will reduce the overall R&D effort for customers, shorten overall time to market and can be tailored for both 12V and 24V automotive HVAC systems.
- 3 types of motor control (sensor-less BLDC/DC/Stepper motor)
- Automatic climate control
- Supports multiple temperature zones
- Ultra-low-power mode, can be woke up by human-machine-interface or LIN/CAN bus
- CAN and LIN communication interfaces
- 3x3 matrix keypad and 2 encoder knob inputs
- 4x37 segment LCD and adjustable backlighting
- Sensor interfaces for temperature, light, humidity and air quality available
- Two logic relay interfaces to compressor/defrost module
- Real time clock and date display, adjustment for calendar
- Extensible with touch key board or touch screen board
- Suitable for both 12V and 24V HVAC systems