Freescale and Bosch have collaborated on a cost-effective automotive airbag evaluation platform for the growing automotive safety segment for emerging markets. The new airbag evaluation platform is based on chipsets from Freescale’s Qorivva microcontroller (MCU) family and Bosch’s Airbag ASSP family and works with PSI5 compatible sensors from both companies.
The platform demonstrates verified combinations between parts to deliver cost savings, scalability, and decreased time to market.
The airbag evaluation platform features jointly developed firmware that demonstrates seamless connectivity between components. This airbag evaluation platform will reduce design risks and is easy and affordable to use, while representing the latest highest automotive quality standards.
- Verified combination between MCU, ASSP and sensors
- Accelerated time to market using system evaluation software
- ECU level debug and test over serial communication interfaces
- Fully supported application level debug and test using microcontroller ecosystem
- Friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Compatible with Freescale and Bosch sensors