Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices is a collective of industry-focused accelerators offering mentorship, investment opportunities and targeted support to startup initiatives all over the world.
Founded in Copenhagen in 2010, Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices' core principal is to support global entrepreneurs through specially targeted accelerator programs. By 2014, it had become the largest accelerator of its kind in Europe, and one of the top 3 in the world, running programs on multiple continents and maintaining an international network spanning hundreds of cities and thousands of mentors, partners and investors.
Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices
Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices is a dedicated accelerator program for startups working on smart connected devices within the Consumer and Industrial IoT space. The founder and Managing Director of the program is entrepreneur Raph Crouan, who has assembled a team of prominent connected hardware developers and innovators working within the IoT space, allowing participating startups the opportunity to collaborate with over 100 mentors, partners and investors as they develop their products and hardware for the global market.
Startups that are selected to participate in Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices are provided with office space in London for the duration of the three-month program. They will also receive funding and mentorship opportunities, and access to a global network of corporate partners, mentors, investors and VCs, with the aim of helping them to secure the backing they need to take their devices to the next level.
element14 is one of a number of major companies that has partnered with Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices, alongside MJ Hudson, RPD, Wildfire PR and HWTrek, plus investors Cisco Investments and DLL. These partnerships help to form the network of industry professionals that the participating startups will be able to access at a crucial early stage in their development, in addition to providing opportunities for manufacturing support.
Application to Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices was open to startups with a working prototype or tangible proof concept in the designated consumer and industrial IoT fields around the world. Successful applicants were then required to spend the three month acceleration period in London, where they could take advantage of the resources and opportunities available to them.
Features of the program include the following...
- An intensive 3-month program designed to support entrepreneurs and help them to scale their businesses.
- Access to expert-led masterclasses on fundamentals such as business model canvas, lean methodology and fundraising.
- Connections to leading corporates in the industry for partnership opportunities, pilot projects and relationship building opportunities.
- Tailored mentorship from over 90 carefully selected mentors, offering hands-on support and valuable introductions.
- A free co-working space for the participating team for the duration of the program.
- €15k in cash per team to cover living expenses during the program.
- Exclusive discounts and partner deals from leading tech providers including Google, Amazon, Salesforce, Paypal, SendGrid and more.
- Continued post-program support via a dedicated alumni growth initiative.
- Opportunities to take part in leading IoT and hardware conferences and events
- Access to the most active VCs and Angel Investors in the IoT space.
The program concludes with a special 'Demo Day' on January 25th 2017, in which the participants can celebrate their achievements alongside hundreds of investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees. In return for access to the program, Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices receives 6% equity in the final product, with no board seats and no preferred shares.
As a proud partner of Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices, we'll be providing more information on the accelerator program and this year's participants over the coming weeks. For more information, visit Startupbootcamp IoT | Connected Devices' official website or take a look at our introduction to the participating startups.