Avnet's System-on-Module (SOM) and Single Board Computer (SBC) products are meant to be designed into end products. This includes products like UltraZed, Ultra96-V2 , PicoZed ,Azure Sphere Module, MaaXBoard, and SmartEdge Industrial IoT Gateway. Using a SOM, SBC, module, or Gateway can save an enormous amount of risk and time when developing a new product since much of the critical infrastructure (like memory subsystem and power) are already designed and tested on the SOM/SBC. However, there are a few questions that we frequently get which can be answered with a few critical documents that are posted here on Element14.
Do Avnet's products come with a warranty?
Yes! You can find it here: Avnet Design Kit License and Warranty_Sept 2016 v2 . To summarize the key points, look at #4 in the document.
- 60 days in general
- 12 months if "QUALIFIED AVNET PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED TO BE DEPLOYED AS A COMPONENT IN THE BUYER’S COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE PRODUCT"
Are Avnet's products RoHS compliant?
Yes! You can find it here: Avnet RoHS CofC 2020
- All materials, components, assemblies, equipment or other products or any parts of such products: are in full compliance with the requirements of the Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863 EU of the European Parliament on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, commonly known as the RoHS 3 Directives.
- Avnet, Inc. confirms that this certificate applies to all Avnet branded Assemblies and kits manufactured after January of 2013 and including future products.
What is the lifecycle expectation for Avnet's products?
10 years. You can find it here: SOM LifeCycle 2017
- It is our intent that these boards would be manufacturable for 10 years from their introduction
- In the event of an EOL, a lifetime buy opportunity will be given
- If Avnet ever becomes unable or unwilling to support the requirements for these products, we will provide the fabrication files enabling the customer to build to suit their own needs.