Nearly a thousand of the brightest minds in medical R&D convened in San Diego last week for the TEDMED conference. This for-profit event isn’t directly owned by the non-profit TED organization — so famous for its conference devoted to new ideas in technology, entertainment and design — but its management team members are reportedly, er, TEDsters, and what we discovered at TEDMED was interest-piquing to a TEDian degree.
Innovative new medical gadgets and other bleeding-edge healthcare hardware ran rampant. Here are some of the more, well, unusual pieces of technology we uncovered after scouring meeting rooms and watching dozens of lectures.
1. Xiaflex Injection Trainer
2. AccuVein AV300 Augmented Reality Vein Viewing System
3. Emotiv EPOC Wireless EEG Headset
4. DuoFertility Wireless Ovulation Monitor
5. DNAe Rapid Genetic Testing System
6. Panasonic EU6441 Exercise Chair
7. EarlySense Monitoring System
8. Lifecomm Emergency Alert Watch
Keep reading to know more about this gadgets.