- High-temperature performance to + 150 °C
- Meets the rigorous IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020 soldering guidelines for severe reflow conditions
- Available in six case sizes, ranging from 12.5 mm by 12.5 mm by 13 mm to 18 mm by 18 mm by 21 mm
- Very low “Z” down to 0.035 Ω
- High ripple current to 1.35 A
- Long useful life to 2,000 hours at + 150 °C
- Polarized aluminum electrolytic capacitors with a non-solid, self-healing electrolyte
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- RoHS compliant
- Charge- and discharge-proof
- Offered in 4-pin and 6-pin versions
PRODUCT PAGE: http://www.vishay.com/ppg?28405
Vishay Intertechnology Announces New Series of Surface-Mount Aluminum Capacitors With High Temperature Range to + 150 °C, Low “Z” to 0.035 Ω, and High Ripple Current to 1.35 A
Offered in Six Case Sizes, Devices Meet IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020 Soldering Guidelines
MALVERN, Pa. — Feb. 13, 2013 — Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today announced a new series of surface-mount aluminum capacitors that combines a high temperature range to + 150 °C with very low impedance, high ripple current, and long useful life. For increased processing flexibility, the Vishay BCcomponents 160 CLA devices meet the rigorous IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020 soldering guidelines for severe reflow conditions.
The capacitors introduced today are available in six case sizes, ranging from 12.5 mm by 12.5 mm by 13 mm to the larger 18 mm by 18 mm by 21 mm. For enhanced performance and reliability, the 160 CLA devices feature a very low “Z,” or maximum impedance at 100 kHz, of 0.035 Ω, high ripple current to 1.35 A, and long useful life to 2000 hours at + 150 °C. The capacitors offer capacitance from 100 µF to 3300 µF over a 16 V to 50 V voltage range.
As polarized aluminum electrolytic capacitors with a non-solid, self-healing electrolyte, the AEC-Q200-qualified devices are ideally suited for filtering, smoothing, buffering, and voltage decoupling applications in high-temperature environments.
Typical end products will include automotive power trains and chassis electronics; industrial drives, automation, and equipment for renewable energy; and SMPS units.
The RoHS-compliant 160 CLA capacitors are charge- and discharge-proof, so there is no peak current limitation. For vibration-proof performance, the devices are offered in 4-pin and 6-pin versions.
Samples of the new capacitors are available via Vishay franchised distributors or directly from Vishay.