ANALOG DEVICES - - BOARD, EVAL, FOR |
The iSensor is a complete inertial system that includes a tri-axis gyroscope, a tri-axis accelerometer, and a tri-axis mag-netometer. The ADIS16405 combines industry-leading iMEMS technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias).
As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation for correction formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. The magnetometers employ a self-correction function to provide accurate bias performance over temperature as well.
The provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multi-axis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs.
All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the produc-tion process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. An improved SPI interface and register structure provide faster data collection and configuration control. By using a compatible pinout and the same package as the ADIS1635x and ADIS1636x families, upgrading to the requires only firmware changes to accommodate additional sensors and register map updates.
This compact module is approximately 23 mm × 23 mm × 23 mm and provides a flexible connector interface, which enables multiple mounting orientation options.
- Tri-axis, digital gyroscope with digital range scaling
- ±75°/sec, ±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
- Tri-axis, ±18 g digital accelerometer
- Tri-axis, ±2.5 gauss digital magnetometer
- 220 ms start-up time
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Digitally controlled bias calibration
- Digitally controlled sample rate, up to 819.2 SPS
- External clock input enables sample rates up to 1200 SPS
- Digitally controlled filtering
- Programmable condition monitoring
- Auxiliary digital input/output
- Digitally activated self-test
- Programmable power management
- Embedded temperature sensor
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Auxiliary, 12-bit ADC input and DAC output
- Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Platform control
- Digital compassing
|Man Part No.||Description|
|BOARD, EVAL, FOR|