NXP Semiconductors today announced the availability of a comprehensive Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) portfolio, which expands the number of products and markets able to adopt the latest Wi-Fi standards. NXP’s expanded Wi-Fi 6 portfolio represents the company’s new end-to-end vision and differentiated technology approach that is designed to help usher in an era of connectivity innovation for automotive, access, mobile and Industrial and IoT markets.
Wi-Fi 6 delivers a wealth of additional connectivity improvements, including symmetric multi-gigabit uploads and downloads, dramatically lower latency, increased capacity, and improved power efficiency across applications. These technical advancements have so far been limited to premium products. With NXP’s broad portfolio, these benefits are now available for large-scale deployment across multiple markets, enabling products with today’s most advanced Wi-Fi capabilities, including:
- Up to 4x performance improvement
- Greater range
- Improved battery life
- Greater connection reliability
NXP Wi-Fi 6 Features
- Performance leading 4x4 and 8x8-stream solutions with integrated Bluetooth 5 for home and enterprise access solutions (88W9064, 88W9068)
- Concurrent Dual Wi-Fi 2x2+2x2 + Bluetooth 5 AEC-Q100 qualified solutions purpose-built for the highest performance infotainment and telematics automotive applications (88Q9098)
- Concurrent Dual Wi-Fi 2x2+2x2 + Bluetooth 5 solutions that provide a best-in-class offering for multimedia streaming and consumer access applications (88W9098)
- IoT-focused 2x2 WiFi 6 + Bluetooth 5 optimized for cost and power
NXP’s RF front-end solutions portfolio based on Silicon Germanium (SiGe) can scale Wi-Fi 6 capabilities from low-to-high-end applications, including 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 and 8x8 MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) solutions and is packaged in an ultra-compact 3 mm x 4 mm module optimized for the mobile solutions.