The RCM5600W MiniCore module provides a compact module in a mini PCI Express form factor with integrated Wi-Fi/802.11b/g functionality to allow you to create a low-cost, low-power Wi-Fi based control and communications solution for your embedded system.
This standard development kit, 101-1284, is available with the essentials that you need to design your own microprocessor-based system, and includes a complete Dynamic C software development system. The Development Kit also contains an Interface Board with a USB connection that will allow you to evaluate the RCM5600W, and a Prototyping Board to help you to develop your own applications. You will also be able to write and test software for the RCM5600W modules, including Wi-Fi applications.
The RCM5600W has a Rabbit 5000 microprocessor operating at up to 73.73 MHz, flash memory, two clocks (main oscillator and real-time clock), and the circuitry necessary to reset and manage the Rabbit 5000. An edge connector brings out the RCM5600W user interface to a 52-pin mini PCI Express socket on the motherboard the RCM5600W is mounted on.
The RCM5600W Standard Development Kit contains the hardware essentials you will need to use your RCM5600W module. These items are supplied in the standard version of the Development Kit.
- RCM5600W module.
- 2.4 GHz dipole antenna with mounting bracket and U.FL to RP-SMA connector cable.
- Interface Board with standoffs/connectors.
- Prototyping Board with standoffs/connectors.
- USB cable to program RCM5600W via Interface Board.
- Dynamic C CD-ROM, including product documentation on disk.
- Getting Started instructions.
- Registration card.
|Key Features||Back to Top|
- Small size: 1.20" × 2.00" × 0.40" (30 mm × 51 mm × 10 mm)
- Microprocessor: Rabbit 5000 running at 73.73 MHz
- Up to 35 general-purpose I/O lines each configurable with up to four alternate functions
- 3.3 V I/O lines
- Six CMOS-compatible serial ports — four ports are configurable as a clocked serial port (SPI), and two ports are configurable as SDLC/HDLC serial ports.
- Airoha single-chip 802.11b/g transceiver
- External I/O bus can be configured for 8 data lines, 8 address lines (shared with parallel I/O lines), and I/O read/write
- 1MB SRAM and 1MB serial flash memory
- Battery-backable real-time clock
- Watchdog supervisor
|Ordering Information||Back to Top|
512K x 16 Ultra Low Power SRAM
|Supplier||Description||Support Device||Part Number|
RCM5600 Deluxe Development Kit
Dev Kit of WiFi
Digi NS7520 Processor
|Document List||Back to Top|
Hardware & Software