I feel that I am missing something here, but maybe it's just me.
Are there ghosts around?
I feel that I am missing something here, but maybe it's just me.
Are there ghosts around?
Hi Obones,
No ghosts here!
I think many of us are still in the "staring at a blank sheet of paper" phase and trying to decide which direction to take. At least that's where I am.
So far my mind has wandered through all sorts of ideas: a pager-style system to locate bins, monitoring systems for noise, vibration, gases, odors or vandalism, intelligent action recognition around waste containers, automatic waste-sorting bins, sorting based on impact sound and vibration, recycling reward systems, alert beacons, and several others.
The problem is that every idea seems promising for about ten minutes, and then I find a technical, economic, or practical obstacle that makes me rethink everything.
Maybe that's actually a good topic for discussion. What ideas have other participants considered so far, and what were the main challenges that made you reject them?
It could be interesting to share concepts early, even if they're only half-baked. Sometimes another person sees a solution to the exact problem that made you abandon an idea.
Looking forward to hearing what everyone is thinking.
Hi Obones,
No ghosts here!
I think many of us are still in the "staring at a blank sheet of paper" phase and trying to decide which direction to take. At least that's where I am.
So far my mind has wandered through all sorts of ideas: a pager-style system to locate bins, monitoring systems for noise, vibration, gases, odors or vandalism, intelligent action recognition around waste containers, automatic waste-sorting bins, sorting based on impact sound and vibration, recycling reward systems, alert beacons, and several others.
The problem is that every idea seems promising for about ten minutes, and then I find a technical, economic, or practical obstacle that makes me rethink everything.
Maybe that's actually a good topic for discussion. What ideas have other participants considered so far, and what were the main challenges that made you reject them?
It could be interesting to share concepts early, even if they're only half-baked. Sometimes another person sees a solution to the exact problem that made you abandon an idea.
Looking forward to hearing what everyone is thinking.
Nice to see you have so many ideas, but my message was really about the fact that apart from this thread, I can't see anything else.
I mean, no details on the kit, no presentation of the challenge, nothing.
And now that I have posted these two messages, I can actually see all the details that I could not see before.
I believe this comes from the fact that I am now part of the group. But coming from the front page image in the carrousel, it was a very strange behavior.