Have you incorporated 3D printed objects into any of your projects? What applications do you see for 3D printers?
Have you incorporated 3D printed objects into any of your projects? What applications do you see for 3D printers?
I would love to use a 3d printer, but I cannot afford to buy or build one and go to school. If I had one I would us it a lot.
Maybe a local hackerspace has one you could check out.
I don't think there are any hackerspaces in south-east Kansas.
I don't think there are any hackerspaces in south-east Kansas.
If you've not already seen, then checkout hackerspaces.org:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces
Also, there are services which will ship to you:
Those services look nice, but in the long run I think it is more worth my while to save my pennies and buy one in a year or two.
The Printrbot, which was the very successful 3D printer from Kickstarter, is both affordable and good quality. I've seen people print working KEYS with them.
So DIY is possible in the 500-600 range. Really what's most expensive are the electronics and motors.
-Ben
How about a Pizza Printer? Add 4 cartridges, one full of cooked flour, one with tomato paste, one with vegetable/meat paste and the last one with cheese. With some development this will soon hit the market and be common as microwave ovens! Thought of this after seeing an exhibition of 3D printing by sudents at UCL, London.
OI would like to do DIY. Do you plan on releasing a parts list and plans for your folding model? I like it a lot more than others I've seen.
This is simply a suggestion/idea. I do not have development facilities to produce even a prototype. Someone who is able to build a proptotype and go into mass production will make a fortune, I believe!
Here is a link to the solidoodle 3d printer http://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=56.
Starts at 499. I built my Reprap prusa 2.0 for a little over 400. If your not in a hurry then ebay and amazon are good places to purchase the parts.