Sure, I crushed a can using stepper motors, but turning on and positioning the CNC every time I need to crush one isn't very convenient - I drink a lot of diet Pepsi.
What are your ideas for an electric can crusher?
Sure, I crushed a can using stepper motors, but turning on and positioning the CNC every time I need to crush one isn't very convenient - I drink a lot of diet Pepsi.
What are your ideas for an electric can crusher?
Why not use an hydraulic system. You can use a piston to crush the can, then retract the piston and open a door to drop the crushed can from the machine. This could use limit switches to detect when the piston is at full extension, then retract it automatically. The limit switches can also cause the can to be dropped from the crusher.
As a bonus you could super crush the can, then shred it so a bin can hold even more cans (or can remnants).
An even snazier option would use something similar to what the super splitter log splitter uses:
http://www.supersplit.com/principle.htm
That would surely crush a can!
Is there a specific axis of crushing?
Is there a specific axis of crushing?