Sure, I crushed a can using stepper motors, but turning on and positioning the CNC every time I need to crush one isn't very convenient - I drink a lot of diet Pepsi.
What are your ideas for an electric can crusher?
Sure, I crushed a can using stepper motors, but turning on and positioning the CNC every time I need to crush one isn't very convenient - I drink a lot of diet Pepsi.
What are your ideas for an electric can crusher?
Excuse my non technical language, I have an idea, perhaps put a weight on the end of a motor, so when you put the (standing) can underneath the weight and turn it on the weight lowers down and starts to crush the pop can and when it cant be crushed anymore the weight lifts back up and then something on the side pushes the can off the stand and into a recycling bin. Or if you dont want a hanging weight around perhaps you can do it on a track of some sort and the can instead of standing up is laying down.
Hope that makes sense!
I understand what you are saying, but it wouldn't be fast or efficent. To crush a can with a weight requires either a quick release on it that allows it to have momentium when it hits the can or be extremely heavy(175+ lbs). The motor to lift that such of a weight would be large, loud and ineffient. Also it would be slow. It would take at least 10 seconds to compelete a single cylce. Ben is wanting it to be quicker than one person would be with a manual crusher(~3 seconds a can)